Thursday 13 December 2012

more on being positive


try to be very positive




Affirmations are positive statements that describe a desired situation.
When these statements are often repeated, they get impressed on the subconscious mind, and conequently, trigger it into positive action.
In order to ensure the effectiveness of the affirmations, they have to be repeated with attention, interest, faith and desire.
Knowing how to use them, gives you a great tool for achieving success, and for improving your life.
Imagine that you are swimming with your friends in a swimming pool.
They swim fifteen rounds, something you have never done before, and since you want to win their respect, you want to show them that you can make it too.
You start swimming, and at the same time keep repeating in your mind, "I can do it, I can do it...". You keep thinking and believing that you are going to complete the fifteen rounds.
What are you actually doing? You are repeating positive affirmations.
Most people repeat in their minds negative words and statements concerning the situations and events in their lives, and consequently, create undesirable situations. Words and statements work at both ways, to build or destroy. It is the way we use them that determines whether they are going to bring good or harmful results.
Pay attention to the words you repeat in your mind, to discover whether you use negative statements, such as:
  • I cannot do this.
  • I am too lazy.
  • I lack inner strength.
  • I am going to fail.
Your subconscious mind accepts as true what you keep saying. It attracts corresponding events and situations into your life. So why not choose only positive statements, in order to get positive reults?


Affirmations program the mind in the same way that commands and scripts program a computer.
The repeated words help you to focus your mind on your aim. They also create corresponding mental images in the conscious mind, which in turn, affects the subconscious mind accordingly. In this way, you program your subconscious in accordance with your will. This process is similar to the way creative visualizationworks.
The conscious mind, the mind you think with, starts this process, and then the subconscious mind takes charge.
By using this process consciously and intently, you influence your subconscious mind, and in turn, it transforms your habits, behavior, attitude, and reactions, and even reshape your external life.
Sometimes, results appear quickly, but often more time is required. Depending on your goal, sometimes, you might attain immediate results, and at other times, it might take days, weeks, months or more. Getting results depends on several factors, such as the time, focus, faith and feelings you invest in repeating your affirmations, on the strength of your desire, and on how big or small is your goal.
It is important to understand that repeating positive affirmations for a few minutes, and then thinking negatively the rest of the day, neutralizes the effects of the positive words. You have to refuse to think negative thoughts, if you wish to attain positive results.

How to Repeat Affirmations

It is advisable to repeat affirmations that are not too long, as they are easier to remember.
Repeat them every time your mind is not engaged in something important, such as while traveling in a bus or a train, waiting in line, walking, etc., but do not affirm while driving or crossing a street. You may also repeat them in special sessions of 5-10 minutes each, several times a day.
Relax any physical, emotional or mental tension while affirming.
The stronger the concentration, the more faith you have in what you are doing, the more feelings you put into the act, the stronger and faster will be the results.
Choose only positive words, describing what you really want.
If you desire to lose weight, do not tell yourself "I am not fat", or "I am losing weight." These are negative statements, bringing into the mind mental images of what you do not want.
Repeat instead, "I am getting slim", or "I have reached my ideal weight". Such words build positive images in your mind.
Always affirm in the present tense, not the future tense. Saying, "I will be rich", means that you intend to be rich one day, in the indefinite future, but not now. It is more effective to say, and also feel, "I am rich now", and the subconscious mind will work at overtime to make this happen now, in the present.
The power of affirmations can help you transform your life. By stating what you want to be true in your life, you mentally and emotionally see and feel it as true, irrespective of your current circumstances, and thereby attract it into your life.

Positive Affirmations

- I am healthy and happy.

- Wealth is pouring into my life.

- I am sailing on the river of wealth.

- I am getting wealthier each day.

- My body is healthy and functioning in a very good way.

- I have a lot of energy.

- I study and comprehend fast.

- My mind is calm.

- I am calm and relaxed in every situation.

- My thoughts are under my control.

- I radiate love and happiness.

- I am surrounded by love.

- I have the perfect job for me.

- I am living in the house of my dreams.

- I have good and loving relations with my wife/husband.

- I have a wonderful and satisfying job.

- I have the means to travel abroad, whenever I want to.

- I am successful in whatever I do.

- Everything is getting better every day.


Read Affirmations Words with Power, and start making positive changes in your life.


source








Here are a few sample affirmations:

  • I am guided by the Universal power to experience bliss every moment of my life.
  • Each breath I inhale fills my body with strength and power.
  • My every need is immediately and automatically fulfilled.
  • Thoughts about success are my friends and companions.
  • My mind is focused on my goal, and I see it as an accomplished fact.
  • I accept abundance and prosperity into my life.

book

No comments: