try to be very positive
- I cannot do this.
- I am too lazy.
- I lack inner strength.
- I am going to fail.
The repeated words help you to focus your mind on your aim. They also create corresponding mental images in the conscious mind, which in turn, affects the subconscious mind accordingly. In this way, you program your subconscious in accordance with your will. This process is similar to the way creative visualizationworks.
The conscious mind, the mind you think with, starts this process, and then the subconscious mind takes charge.
By using this process consciously and intently, you influence your subconscious mind, and in turn, it transforms your habits, behavior, attitude, and reactions, and even reshape your external life.
Sometimes, results appear quickly, but often more time is required. Depending on your goal, sometimes, you might attain immediate results, and at other times, it might take days, weeks, months or more. Getting results depends on several factors, such as the time, focus, faith and feelings you invest in repeating your affirmations, on the strength of your desire, and on how big or small is your goal.
It is important to understand that repeating positive affirmations for a few minutes, and then thinking negatively the rest of the day, neutralizes the effects of the positive words. You have to refuse to think negative thoughts, if you wish to attain positive results.
How to Repeat Affirmations
Repeat them every time your mind is not engaged in something important, such as while traveling in a bus or a train, waiting in line, walking, etc., but do not affirm while driving or crossing a street. You may also repeat them in special sessions of 5-10 minutes each, several times a day.
Relax any physical, emotional or mental tension while affirming.
The stronger the concentration, the more faith you have in what you are doing, the more feelings you put into the act, the stronger and faster will be the results.
Choose only positive words, describing what you really want.
If you desire to lose weight, do not tell yourself "I am not fat", or "I am losing weight." These are negative statements, bringing into the mind mental images of what you do not want.
Repeat instead, "I am getting slim", or "I have reached my ideal weight". Such words build positive images in your mind.
Always affirm in the present tense, not the future tense. Saying, "I will be rich", means that you intend to be rich one day, in the indefinite future, but not now. It is more effective to say, and also feel, "I am rich now", and the subconscious mind will work at overtime to make this happen now, in the present.
The power of affirmations can help you transform your life. By stating what you want to be true in your life, you mentally and emotionally see and feel it as true, irrespective of your current circumstances, and thereby attract it into your life.
- Wealth is pouring into my life.
- I am sailing on the river of wealth.
- I am getting wealthier each day.
- My body is healthy and functioning in a very good way.
- I have a lot of energy.
- I study and comprehend fast.
- My mind is calm.
- I am calm and relaxed in every situation.
- My thoughts are under my control.
- I radiate love and happiness.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I have the perfect job for me.
- I am living in the house of my dreams.
- I have good and loving relations with my wife/husband.
- I have a wonderful and satisfying job.
- I have the means to travel abroad, whenever I want to.
- I am successful in whatever I do.
- Everything is getting better every day.
Here are a few sample affirmations:
- I am guided by the Universal power to experience bliss every moment of my life.
- Each breath I inhale fills my body with strength and power.
- My every need is immediately and automatically fulfilled.
- Thoughts about success are my friends and companions.
- My mind is focused on my goal, and I see it as an accomplished fact.
- I accept abundance and prosperity into my life.