Auto Insurance Quote - how to save
- Comparison shop - make sure to evaluate similar policies. A policy that carries only liability won't give you the same coverage as one that is more comprehensive. Be sure to provide the same personal data to every company you talk to - including age, gender, marital status, amount of car travel required for work, the number and type of accidents you've had within the previous three years and a any less-than-stellar credit rating.
- Consider more than the price of the premium. Will you be getting prompt and effective customer service when and if you file a claim? Is there a local representative who will be able to meet with you or only a toll-free phone number to call? And how quickly can you expect payment for charges incurred?
- Don't choose a company that penalizes you for filing a claim.
- Ask for a higher deductible. This is the amount you'll need to pay before your insurance policy pays on a claim. Paying more out of pocket in the event of an accident can mean much lower monthly premiums.
- Give your auto insurance rates a regular physical. Every year or two, check to make sure you're getting the best possible price for your coverage.