Sunday 12 July 2009

'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince': Will you reread it before the film's release?


'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince': Will you reread it before the film's release?


my son wants to watch the movie...


do you re read it: here what the surveys says
(conclusion.. all have different opinions..they are not the same)

I dont reread the books right before the movies. They leave too much out in the movies and it makes it too hard to enjoy the movies for what they are. I learned my lesson after not really enjoying "Prizoner of Azkaban." When I re-watched the movie I loved it. The first time i spent too much time comparing it to the books. The movies are INCREDIBLE. I think you have to let yourself enjoy the movies separately from the books. I will maybe re-read the book AFTER the movie but not before.



For me, rereading the Half-Blood Prince is more about preparing for the movie than trying to remember how the book goes. I am incredibly excited to see the movie now, more so than before, and I realize that it will not be as good as the book. For me, it is like listening to all the songs you have by a band before you go to see their concert. You know that they probably won't sound as good as they do on the CD because of exhaustion and that they just don't get several times to try, but it helps you get pumped up and excited, which is half the fun, isn't it?


Personally, I like to reread the book after I see the movie. The movie, as great as they all are, always tends to leave things out due to time constraints. It is nice to go back to the book afterwards and think "Oh ya, that's what happened next!"


I'm in the midst of a HP marathon...reading for the first time all seven in a row. On Book 5 and loving it. I won't watch any of the movies until I have finished all seven books. Love book/movie marathons...


I will re-read it because it is a good book. I have re-read all the books before each movie. The mvie doesnt have to follow the book exactly. But I like the refresher


Honestly, I don't mean to sound snooty, but I don't NEED to reread the book. I am a HUGE HP junkie and can answer almost any question about the series. I'm going to the midnight premier. Can't Wait!!!!!


For anyone who hasn't heard Jim Dale read the Audio Books, go to your library and check them out. If you used to watch Pushing Daisies, he narrated the series. He is the BEST narrator ever and has totally spoiled the listening experience of any non- JD audio book. About a year ago, I decided to check out the audio books and listen on my commute to work. I listened to the entire series. JKR weaves such a wonderful tale. I know there will be differences, but I have enjoyed all of the films even with the changes. Can't wait for HBP! Only 11 more days to go.


I wouldn't want to re-read the book. It's the thrill of finding out what happened, though you know it will when it does, that makes watching the movie more fun.And you're more in awe with how they provide the visuals for it. :)


the only reason i reread books before their movies come out is to remind my self of the general plotline and what happens. with harry potter, it doesnt matter if ive read and reread so many times, because each time im just as immersed as the first time reading it. if i didnt reread it i may go in to see the movie and not know whats going on. for me its nice to fill in the details that they leave out (even though i wished they included them) because it fills like a full experience. i wouldnt want to feel like i have questions with harry potter movies. i want to be the one explaining it to my friends who dont read the books.



====================



Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Source Material: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6)
Author: J.K. Rowling
Screenplay: Steve Kloves
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson


Non-canon tidbit: Producer David Baron confirmed that a scene is being added to the film that was not in the book which will take place at the Burrow.

Related Reading: Harry Potter Boxset Books 1-7 by J.K. Rowling — This set contains all seven of the Harry Potter books in hardcover, but if tackling six of the seven HP books prior to the sixth movie’s release seems daunting, then start with book 5, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, then move on to the Half-Book Prince book.

The young wizard Harry Potter, now 16 years old, and his friends return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for their sixth year. In this installment, Harry comes into the possession of a Potions textbook containing useful notes written by the book’s previous owner, a former student known only as “the Half-Blood Prince.” While the notes seem helpful, they could also be a trap of some kind set by Harry’s long-time nemesis, the evil Lord Voldemort. This sixth offering is a much darker tale as Harry faces the greatest dangers of his life as he slowly uncovers the mystery of Voldemort’s past and prepares to square off with the dark lord’s minions, the Death Eaters.

No comments: