Tuesday, 25 August 2009
I have to make a check list for ramadhan
I have to make a check list or a task list or
a to do list for Ramadhan.
before isyak we have a small tazkirah and ustazah told me that
fasting is just for Allah :
fasting is for Allah
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said
“Allah said, ‘All the deeds of Adam’s sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.’ Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarreling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, ‘I am fasting.’ By Him in Whose Hands my soul is’ The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting.”
Sahih Bukhari, volume 3, book 31, hadith 128
this is one that ustazah keep repeating for 3 days.
among others we collect names of every one who pray in the mosque and ustazah
required us to make dua for all in the list. if we make dua for ourselves only is less good. We have to make dua for all our brothers and sisters to wish that Allah will accept all dua make by them and dua that they get what they wish for and Allah helps them with all their difficulties and hope all of us will meet again in jannah as we meet everyday in the mosque.
a sample of task list ;
Hope you have started this ramadhan better than before... as we grow older we are supposed to be better isn't it? Who knows where we shall be next year? So lets make the most out of this month.
When we have a project, we usually make a plan of how and when we are going to tackle the different tasks. right?
What about Ramadhan? For sure we are very interested to get big rewards, insha Allah, isn't it?
Below is a list of tasks which can be done... do add more.
1. Salah [more rewards in this month. Advisable to do a lot of salahs]
2. Reading Quran [each letter is worth 10 rewards, alif lam meem=30 rewards]
3. Repentance [Astaghfirullah....]
4. Dhikr [Remembrance of Allah.]
5. Salat ul wudu, salat ul duha
6. Salat ul taraweeh
7. Salat ul tahajjud [it takes only minutes to do 2 rakaats]
8. Asking a lot of du'a [especially before breaking the fast]
9. Do what is good
10. Stay away from what is wrong
11. Helping people
12. Observe the usual good manners [Say Bismillah and eat with the right hand etc.]
13. Have mercy on the poor and needy
14. ‘If a man prays with the imaam until he finishes, it will be counted as if he prayed the whole night.’ (Prop Mohamed SAW)
15. Smile to your dear ones... its sadaqa!]
again ustazah continue if you do make one to do list.
give a result at the end of the day. do you get 100% done for all task.
maybe 50% done. Do punish if you fail, for example. The punishment can be a donation to the mosque at the of the day or adding another solah two rakaats . example.
think, do and evaluate. hope we all get a good reward from Allah.
Posted by knowledge seeker at 10:59