Friday 17 June 2011

ya rabb

source

http://www.alhudapk.com/reading-material/articles/ya%20rabb.pdf


Ya Rabb…..
By Asma bint Shameem

I hope for your Mercy, Ya Rabb, while the whole world is asleep
I knock on Your door with heart so humble, my eyes thus weep



Hands raised high…..head bowed so low….. before You I knee
I open my heart to you, I bewail my sorrows…..all what I feel

O, Knower of my troubles, Knower of my woes and fears
In great distress and grief I cry…..I let flow my tears


O Dispeller of my anguish, O Reliever of my pain
You are the One I turn to….. to You only, I complain

With emotions so raging, and soul so aching, my heart cries
I am hoping, Ya Rabbi, my prayers will pierce the highest skies



Its indeed Your Infinite Bounty, Your Mercy that sustains all
And indeed Your Forgiveness that restores those who fall

Only to You I stretch forth my hands, begging you… I plea
If you won’t turn to me, where else can this wretched soul flee



You alone can allay my pain, only You can relieve my distress
You are ar-Rahmaan, ar-Raheem, take me out of this mess



Send Mercy on me…. Suffering and agony is hard to bear
Forgive me my sins and all the disobedience that I did dare

Rescue me from this, Ya Rabbi, You are the Redeemer
Save me from such tribulations…..You are my Savior



Grant me patience to bear, in these times of trials and tribulance
Let me be thankful to You….give me persistence and endurance

For I know, the Prophet said, “In times of trouble, if I bear patiently
……You will forgive me my mistakes and reward me certainly”



So guide me always…..keep me strong and steadfast on this Deen
Don’t let me go astray, even in most difficult times one’s ever seen

You are my Wakeel…..to You I turn over all my affairs
All my hopes and wishes, Ya Maula….I entrust to Your Care



You are my refuge, You are my comfort… You are the Only One
Indeed to you I belong and to You, surely, is my return

No comments: