Wednesday 26 May 2010

an artist at moorside school


i saw an artist at moorside school and google to get more information


so he got a site..... and picture of his beautiful painting...



http://www.chasjacobs.co.uk/about_chas.htm




ABOUT CHAS
I first began painting as a hobby more than 20 years ago, whilst working as an electrician.

I took inspiration from the works of David Hockney and John Piper and experimented with different mediums, from watercolours and gouache, before finally settling with bright, bold acrylic. I love the intensity of colour the acrylic gives, often building up 4 to 5 layers of paint to achieve the depth of colour I like. In 1994, I became a full-time artist and began working from home.

I used to live on St George's Quay in Lancaster and whilst painting one evening, a hot air balloon came floating down the river. I took a photograph and decided to use it in one of my pictures. Over the years, hot air balloons have become a constant in my work and people are often disappointed if I do not put any in a picture.

I continue to be inspired by the people, architecture and landscape of Lancaster, Morecambe and the surrounding area. I also have a passion for the sea and for boats. I love travelling to Devon or Cornwall, watching the fishing boats and visiting beautiful harbour towns such as Dartmouth, Dittisham, Salcolmbe, Coverack Cove and Porthleven.

I am represented by galleries locally and also in Devon and am fortunate to have collectors from New York to New Zealand!

As I have a considerable waiting list for commissions, I rarely get chance to exhibit original paintings, but I do have an annual exhibition every November at the Ashton Memorial, Williamson Park, Lancaster showing retrospective work, a small number of original paintings and all the Limited Edition prints. I have been having this show now for 11 years and it has become quite a social event, often seeing more than 1500 people over the weekend.

I also work in local schools, painting murals with the children and doing art workshops. The children love painting and it's fantastic seeing them get excited about colour, shape and design.

I hope you enjoy looking through this gallery of prints and maybe, they will make you feel happy too!

You can find my work in the following galleries:

The Crescent Gallery, Bare, Morecambe
Town House Gallery, Morecambe
Town House Gallery, Lancaster
Baxter's Gallery, Dartmouth, Devon
Janet Bell Gallery, Beaumaris, Angelsey
Massarella Fine Arts, Saltaire, Yorkshire
The Lunesdale Arms, Tunstall, Nr. Kirkby Lonsdale



... wow

No comments: