Wednesday 19 May 2010

I turn on the tap/I walk to the stream

learn something new a song


I turn on the tap/I walk to the stream©
Words and Music by: Richard Stilgoe


to hear the music go here it is copy write protected.....



the lyrics



PART 1:

I turn on the tap and the water flows.
Don’t know where it comes from,
Don’t know where it goes,
But it’s clean and clear and it never runs short,
So I never ever give it a second thought.


PART 2:

I walk to the stream in the heat of the day.
It’s a long, long, long, long way.


(PART 1 and PART 2 together)

Same stream where we wash each sheet,
All our dirty clothes and our hands and feet.

Same stream where the crocodile
Drifts and waits for the careless child.

Same stream where we sometimes gloat
At the bloated body of a floating goat.

Same stream where a mile uphill,
The cows do things cows always will.

Same stream with the same old stink,
Nothing else for us to drink.

Same stream where the grubs and worms
Fight for room with a million germs.


(PART 1 and PART 2 together)


ALL:
It’s a long, long, long, long way.



====


nice

No comments: